The 5 Most Extreme Off-Road Paths in Eastern US
The eastern part of the United States is quickly becoming a hub for off-roading enthusiasts, with more new fantastic locations popping up along the coast each year. Here is our list of the five best off-roading trails you should explore the next time you plan an adventure on the east coast.
Rocky Mountain Terrain Park, Maine
Maine has some of the best terrain in the country — needless to say, this is becoming a central location for all off-roading skill levels. Rocky Mountain Terrain Park is one of the most challenging courses in the area, featuring stunning rock formations and winding trails in the woods. This is a perfect place to try out your new vehicle or to challenge yourself to a more difficult terrain.
Here’s what you need to know about Rocky Mountain Terrain Park:
- More than 700 acres
- Guided tours for all skill levels
- A new rock crawling course — perfect for trying something new!
Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Pennsylvania
Located in the heart of spectacular Pennsylvanian woodlands, this massive area is the ideal place for any off-roader. Rausch Creek is one of the most popular places to off-road in the area, and for great reason; there are tons of trails to choose from and thousands of acres of stunning landscape to explore.
What to know about Rausch Creek Off Road Park:
- More than 3,000 acres of land to explore
- One of the only man-made concrete/all-natural rock crawling courses
- Trails for all levels – beginners to experts
- Great rates on guided tours and instructional tours
- One of the most popular off-roading destinations on the east coast
Uwharrie ORV Area, North Carolina
This place makes it on our list for the sheer size of the land — this off-road park is part of a 51,000-acre forest system. If you’re looking for a large area to explore with your off-road vehicle, this is the perfect place for you. North Carolina is known for impressive views and fantastic weather, both of which you will certainly find here.
Details about Uwharrie ORV Area:
- Part of the largest park system in the area, Uwharrie National Forest.
- Rocky, steep and muddy section of trail, largely geared toward Jeep and ATVs
- Fair prices for entry and use of land
Bubba’s Mud Ranch, Florida
If you’re looking for pure speed and adrenaline, check out Bubba’s Mud Ranch in Auburndale, Florida. The Bubba (as locals refer to it) has a lot of action to offer enthusiasts, with side-by-side and obstacle race tracks, as well as monthly racing events. As its name suggest, Bubba’s Mud Ranch is primarily a mud course and if you’ve never gone mudding in your off road vehicle, this is an ideal place to start.
More information about Bubba’s Mud Ranch:
- Admission is only $10
- Regularly hosts fun events and exciting mega truck races
- Primarily a mud course
One of the most extensive and exciting courses in the region, Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park is great for any level of rider. It has more than 40 trails to choose from, ranging from beginner to very experienced. The great part about these trails is that they are all linked by easy or intermediate trails, so you don’t have to go on the difficult ones if you’re not up for it.
Facts about Gulches Off Road Vehicle Park:
- Over 40 fun trails to choose from – from beginner to triple advanced
- Guided tours are available
- Most trails are one-way, so there’s no risk of someone coming down at you
- Terrain includes red and gray clay, black dirt, and white sand, with obstacles like rocky hill climbs, natural and man-made rock gardens, water holes, and more.
And you thought you couldn’t find fantastic off-roading trails in the eastern part of the United States, huh? These are just a few of the many off-roading areas you’ll find in this part of the country — now get out there and drive!