Seven of the Best Waterproof Jackets Under $200
3. Rab Hardshell Downpour Jacket ($105)
Given the Downpour’s fairly modest price, you’d expect its performance to be similarly unexceptional. Not so…! This incredibly light, tough and functional jacket is a high-performer that will keep you dry under any circumstances and includes a number of features occasionally missing from other jackets in its price range. The most appealing of these features are the peaked hood and extended rear area, which keep the rain off of your face and posterior respectively. A great choice for any occasion and tough enough to deal with the worst conditions even the high mountains can throw at you.
- Very rugged and durable
- Good wind protection in addition to waterproof capacities
- Adjustable hood with stiff-rim and peak
- Internal and external storm flaps on zips and pockets
- Sits low over hips and doesn’t scoot up your back when wearing a backpack
- Incredibly light (11.4 oz) and stuffs away to the size of a beer can
- Great overall value for money
- When we find one, we’ll let you know!