Seven of the Best Waterproof Jackets Under $200
1. North Face Venture 2 ($99)
While not particularly heavy-duty, the North Face Venture 2 is an amazingly simple, 3-season jacket that is ideal for less extreme users who don’t envision finding themselves caught in a storm half-way up Mount Rainier or enduring days of torrential rain on the PCT. The North Face Venture has won awards for its Eco-conscious construction (it’s made from 100% recycled, 40D ripstop nylon) and is favored by thousands of outdoor adventurers across the globe, from your average weekend-warrior to low-level mountaineer.
- Very affordable!
- Good value for money
- Great ventilation – pit zips are particularly effective and mesh hip pockets offer further air-flow when needed
- Light (14.11oz)
- Brushed chin guard lining prevents chafing when zipped up to the top
- The hood lacks a stiff brim or peak and can be prone to flopping over your forehead and eyes
- Toggles on hood and hem a little bit fiddly